MA approved Gun Safety Class in Wakefield Mass.
Defensive Edge in Wakefield Massachusetts features gun safety classes so Mass residents can apply for their gun license. To get your license to carry in Mass (or MA LTC ), Massachusetts residents and non-residents are required to take a Mass State Police approved gun safety class. At Defensive Edge in Wakefield Mass, we offer 2 firearm safety classes that are both NRA and Mass State Police certified courses to help students become safe and responsible gun owners – NRA Home Firearm Safety ( MA LTC 007 ) and NRA Basic Pistol ( MA LTC – 002)
Defense Edge has been teaching Mass residents and out of state residents how to become safe and responsible gun owners for years. We strictly limit our gun safety class size so we can provide plenty of individual instruction to each and every student.
If you are looking to become a safe, responsible gun owner in MA, our Massachusetts State Police approved firearm safety courses are what you need to get your MA LTC or Massachusetts License to Carry. Our experienced instructors are both NRA and Massachusetts State Police Certified to teach the NRA Home Firearms Safety and NRA Basic Pistol Courses. We are dedicated to providing comprehensive training with patient instruction that is necessary to become one of the millions of safe and responsible gun owners in the United States.
About Our NRA Home Safety Course ( MA LTC-007 )
Students will receive the NRA Home Firearm Safety handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, and course completion certificate. This approximately four hour comprehensive course that will teach you how to:
- Safely Handle Hand Guns (Pistols), Rifles, and Shotguns.
- Properly load and unload firearms
- Properly clean firearms
- Safely Store Firearms in the home
- Transport Firearms in your vehicle in accordance MA laws
Real Guns, Rifles and Shotguns are used for teaching this course. There will be enough guns so that each student will always have a variety on which to learn. There is NO live ammo permitted for this course, therefore there is on live fire. Students will handle real guns with training ammo (Snap Caps).
NRA Basic Pistol Course Phase 2 ( MA LTC – 002)
This is the live fire phase 2 portion of the NRA Basic Pistol Course. Phase 1 must be completed online with the NRA prior to taking this class. Please note that Massachusetts does not currently accept this course as a qualifying class for a MA LTC. This class is appropriate for those looking for live fire pi
stol instruction from an NRA certified instructor.
Course description: This is Phase 2 of the NRA Basic Pistol Course, where in 5 to 8 hours (depending on student needs) you will learn: firearm and range safety; shooting fundamentals; loading, cocking, de-cocking and unloading; pistol maintenance (cleaning, storage, etc.); shooting performance and shooting qualification. This course is devoted to one-on-one, hands-on instruction, which includes ample live fire training using a variety of handguns, including single and double-action revolvers and semi-automatic pistols.
- Essential gun safety rules
- Different types of pistols and which one is best for you
- The basics of ammunition
- The fundamentals of pistol shooting
- Different shooting positions
- The most common shooting errors
- Proper gun cleaning and maintenance
- How to maintain your skills
About our Instructor:
Rick Alford – Head Instructor
- NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
- NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
- NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
- NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor
- Has License to Carry in 40 U.S. States
- Worked in EMS for 15 + Years
- Worked in Cambridge Emergency Communications for 6 years (Police, Fire, EMS, 911)
- Founder of Defensive Edge Martial Arts
- Self Defense Expert with over 35 Years experience.